The financial aid programs provided by Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS) post-secondary educational centers make it feasible for students who would normally be deprived of a career/technical education due to lack of funds to obtain the training they desire. This is based on the principle that a post-secondary education should not be a privilege reserved only for those who can afford to purchase it. Educational opportunities should also be made available to students of families with limited financial resources.
Adult General Education (ABE, AAAE, Citizenship, ESOL, and GED Preparation) programs/courses are not specifically offered for job entry or advancement. Therefore, they are not accredited by the Council On Occupational Education (COE) and do not qualify for Title IV financial aid assistance.
M-DCPS post-secondary educational centers subscribe to the following:
- The primary purpose of the financial aid program is to provide assistance to students who, without such aid, would be unable to attend school.
- Financial assistance could consist of District Financial Aid Program (DFAP) and Fee Waiver Program,
- Financial assistance is meant to supplement the efforts of the student and/or the student’s family.
- The financial aid program shall take into account the financial support expected from income, assets, and other resources available to students and/or parents. All factors affecting family’s financial strength shall be considered, including other dependents, debts, etc.
Required documentation when applying for Financial Aid
- Proof of income: copy of your previous year’s income tax form, your spouse’s income tax form, if married or are unmarried and living together (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, W2, 1099, unemployment stubs, current food stamp authorization letter, notarized letter of support, etc.)
- Proof of Address: Florida Driver’s License or Florida Identification Card
If you are applying on your own, please obtain and complete the FAFSA application available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
If you have any questions regarding the financial aid process, please contact the financial aid office from Monday to Thursday from 12:00pm to 9:00 pm and on Fridays from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm at (305) 226-6565, Ext. 2355.